Our Main Aim
• To make a difference to our children’s lives, who are living with epilepsy, in whatever way we can!
• Monthly sessions at Slide and Seek provide support and friendship for both the children, young carers and parents (these sessions cost £135 a month to run and are currently funded by Tameside Council/ISCAN team at Jubilee Gardens, Droylsden).
• Monthly sessions at Hollywood Bowl respite and fun for the teenagers with epilepsy, siblings and young carers (these sessions are run by parent volunteers and are currently funded by Tameside Council/ISCAN team at Jubilee Gardens, Droylsden).
• Anti-suffocation pillow’s given to any child who is a member of HOPE and who is at risk of SUDEP (sudden unexplained death in epilepsy). Grant from Co-operative Group has contributed to supplying pillows
• Camcorder for Tameside Hospital to loan to parents to record night-time seizures, which ensures an accurate diagnosis.
• Epilepsy training doll for paediatric epilepsy nurse at Tameside to show parents how to administer rescue medication.
• Respite/support to families shorts breaks/day trips to Gullivers World, Alton Towers, chill factore, christmas parties, Mr Clown’s, monthly Slide and Seek sessions, Leading Edge parents pamper nights and Teenagers/siblings monthly bowling sessions.
• Wheelchair/able bodied roundabout for Oakdale Special School, Dukinfield due to our successful grant from Dukinfield District Assembly, You Choose project and Tameside Council, we were awarded £3000 and we are helping to raise more funds to help purchase/install this at the moment.
• Speech and Language therapy sessions due to our successful grant awarded by Forever Manchester/Comic Relief, we will shortly be offering 1 to 1 speech and language/communication sessions in the childs own home.
• Sensory equipment due to our successful grant awarded by Hilton Hotel, Deansgate, Hilton Manchester Airport and Manchester Evening News, we will soon have special sensory equipment to use at our monthly Slide and Seek sessions and to loan out to families to use in their own home.