Integrated Service for Children with Additional Needs
A First Response Service is in operation during working hours Monday to Friday which offers:
- Practical advice to parents /carers /disabled young people
- Support to professionals working with children with disabilities
- Signposting to other services
- Urgent response to support needs.
WHO CAN BE REFERRED?
Children who have a disability and require two or more services in addition to universal service provision.
These children will usually have significant and/or complex needs or will have a development delay that requires further investigation or continued care.
Children who are referred to the service who require a single service response will be directed to the appropriate provider i.e. Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy, etc.
Referral to ISCAN can be made via a CAF (Common Assesment framework) or an ISCAN referral form which can be obtained by contacting the service. Once the referral is received it will be discussed at a weekly multi professional triage meeting. Accepted referrals will then be allocated to the appropriate service or further information may be sought before this decision is taken.
THE SERVICE AIMS TO:
- Put the child and family at the heart of a high quality co-ordinated service from the point of referral, through identification and assessment, to delivery of care, supported by a named Lead Professional or Key Worker.
- Provide support, early identification and intervention through holistic multi- agency working.
- Supply evidence-based care, delivered by members of staff who have the appropriate skills.
- Provide clear communication routes via Lead Professionals /Key Workers to families and professionals.
- Support Families affected by a life-limiting illness or death of a disabled child.
WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP
Staff from ISCAN aim to:
Work in partnership with children, their families, colleagues and other organisations to provide integrated holistic care to maximise each child’s health, wellbeing and educational achievement.
Enhance the quality of the life for the children and their families by alleviating the stressful events that a family experiences caring for a child with additional needs, by providing co-ordinated services, domiciliary and nursing supports and short breaks.
Provide practical intervention, emotional and psychological support, maintaining the child’s and family’s quality of life and facilitating inclusion into their local community.
WHO IS PART OF THE ISCAN TEAM?
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY, PORTAGE HOME VISITING, COMPLEX NEEDS/SCHOOL NURSES
BEHAVIOUR SERVICE, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS, PHYSIOTHERAPISTS, SOCIAL WORKERS, NURSERY NURSES
AUTISM ASSESSMENT TEAM, DIETICIANS, HEALTH MENTOR, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST, PAEDIATRICIANS
ORTHOPTIST, AUDIOLOGY, SERVICE CO-ORDINATORS, DIRECT PAYMENT CO-ORDINATOR
MULTI-PROFESSIONAL THERAPY ASSISSTANTS
Rowan House, Grange Road South
Hyde, SK14 5NY
Tel: 0161 366 2050
Jubilee Gardens Garden Fold Way,
Droylsden, M43 7XU
Tel: 0161 371 2060